Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin with subscription statistics

• Jens
    Participant

@jesus-1

Is there a plugin (or another way) to find out about the subscriptons in bbPress? The shortcode [bbp-stats] doesn´t help and statistic plugins seem to be closed. Any idea where to look in the database?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Milan Petrovic
    Participant

@gdragon

Hey, what statistics you need to find out exactly? What type of data you want to see?

Jens
    Participant

@jesus-1

Thanks for your fast reply, Milan! I would like to see, …

a) how many users use subscriptions and
    b) how many subscriptions are active for forums, topics etc.

Jens
    Participant

@jesus-1

And: Is there a difference between “subscribe” (header of forum/topic: “subscription-toggle”) and the notification via email (next to send button: “bbp_topic_subscription”)?

Milan Petrovic
    Participant

@gdragon

I have added this as a feature request for my GD bbPress Toolbox Pro plugin. Plugin already has a function and widget for various statistical information, and these subscription/favorites based counts would be interesting to have too.

Notification via email is sent when someone is subscribed to a forum or topic. If user is subscribed to forum, he will get email for every new topic in that forum. User subscribed to topic will get email for every new reply in that topic.

Jens
    Participant

@jesus-1

Sounds good! Would be great, if both numbers show up in the statistics. Any idea, if that´s easy to find via phpMyAdmin?

Milan Petrovic
    Participant

@gdragon

I am not sure right now. It would be needed to run few queries to get that data, but I never tried so I am not sure exactly how it would be done right now.

Jens
    Participant

@jesus-1

Just had a look at the database.

In the table “bp_notifications” there is a “component_action” called “bbp_new_reply”. Seems to me, that this is for the notification via email when someone is subscribed to a topic.

But I can´t find anything for a subscriptions to a forum. Any ideas, where to find that?

Jens
    Participant

@jesus-1

@gdragon Did you already find some time to check that out?

Hey, GD bbPress Toolbox Pro 6.5 now calculates statistics for these elements:

• Topics with Favorites
    • Topics Favorites Totals
    • Topics with Subscriptions
    • Topics Subscriptions Totals
    • Forums with Subscriptions
    • Forums Subscriptions Totals
    • Users with Topics Favorites
    • Users with Topics Subscriptions
    • Users with Forums Subscriptions

They can be displayed via the plugin’s own Statistics widget or via PHP function.

Regards,
    Milan

Jens
    Participant

@jesus-1

Great work, Milan! Thanks for this solution. Will check out your plugin as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Jens

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar