Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin to choose name and avatar

• G_E_B
    Participant

@g_e_b

Hi, is there a plugin that allow users to choose a name and avatar before posting on a forum? The chosen name and avatar for the forum posting can be different from the one on their profile page.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

In profile they should be able to pick a display name.

Not sure why you would want a different avatar on the profile page from that which displays on the topic/reply? Therefore I’d doubt that someone has written such a plugin.

G_E_B
    Participant

@g_e_b

Thanks for your reply. By changing the display name on the profile, I believe it changes the display name for all previous posts. Would it be possible to have only the display name on the current post to change and the display name on previous posts to remain what it was?

Robin W

@robin-w

Sorry, but that’s not how bbPress works. it links the name with a user-id and the a user-id with a post.

G_E_B
    Participant

@g_e_b

How about removing the display name for forum posting? Thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

The display name is currently a user choice. You could disable that by some code, but you would need to decide what to display instead eg username, email etc. But this is now completely opposite to your starting point to “allow users to choose a name and avatar before posting on a forum”.

Perhaps it would be easier if you described what it is that you would like to achieve and why in both profile and in the topic/reply display, rather than specific queries without any explanation.

I will try and assist you further

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar