Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin: Show Top Posters

• Rhys Wynne
    Participant

@rhyswynne

Hi, I have recently written a plugin for bbpress to show the top posters within a forum. I’ve tested it a fair amount (as much as a man with a one person forum can), and I think it is all there. Feedback and comments will be well received.

To read more and download, please click here

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I changed the title to be more ‘user friendly’ if you don’t mind! I will test it out for you as it seems like a great plugin! As well, don’t forget to add it to the plugin site!

https://bbpress.org/plugins/add/

Trent

Rhys Wynne
    Participant

@rhyswynne

No worries Trent, glad you could test this!

I have gone about submitting it (forgot a readme file, it can wait until the morning :D), but will include one tomorrow.

I sent you an email through the contact form on your site about some issues I had and questions. As well, I should tell you that I am using PHP 4.3.8 in case that is the issue.

Trent

So should we hold off on this one then or what?

or are you just causing problems again, Trent? ;)

It was just a conditional that you put around the plugin call in your template that was giving me issues. I removed the conditional call and it worked 100% ;)

Trent

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

It would be nice if “list” plugins like this plugged into the views page. That way we wouldn’t have to alter templates to use them.

Rhys Wynne
    Participant

@rhyswynne

Hi everybody.

I have updated the plugin to allow the administrator to link to either the profile or to their chosen URL.

Let me know if you spot any bugs!

Rhys Wynne
    Participant

@rhyswynne

Also, I have no clue how to use the subversion repository. Is there a guide anywhere so I can upload my plugin there? :)

I have been accepted, just not sure what to do!

Download something like TortoiseSVN. For Tortoise, right-click on a folder, select TortoiseSVN > Repo-browser, enter the URL you want to add to and use the interface provided. :)

Rhys Wynne
    Participant

@rhyswynne

Cheers fel :)

Regarding the plugin, there’s a slight niggle. At the moment the plugin builds the profile URL from scratch. So it’s an extra (and I believe unessecary) option that you define if you have pretty permalinks or not.

Is there like a hook (similar to user_profile_link) that grabs the profile URL?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar