Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin problem

• I’m having trouble activating and de-activating plugins with v0.9.0.1. For example, I can activate akismet and add my key in the settings tab and it appears to work. But then returning to the plugin list, akismet is no longer activated.

Even more strangly, plugins that I have placed in the my-plugins directory seem to appear and dissappear semi-randomly from the list as I activate and deactivate akisment. I’ve even tried moving the my-plugins directory to temp-plugins to make sure they weren’t causing a problem with akisment, but somehow (even though none of my plugins are active) they continue to appear in the plugin list.

I’ve checked the bb_topicmeta table in the database and the field active_plugins reads a:1:{i:0;s:16:”core#akismet.php”;} but I’m not sure if it’s working or not.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Rob

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • This one had me stumped but I just figured it out. I should probably document the solve it here in case others encounter the same problem.

Like many people, I have bbpress installed in a subdirectory below wordpress:

/myblog/bbpress/

I also use the popular wp-super-cache plugin for wordpress. It turns out, you really need to add your bbpress directory to the list of rejected URI’s for wp-super-cache. For the above example, you’d want to add this line to the Rejected URI’s field:

/bbpress/

Otherwise, your bbpress board and the administration panel will be semi-randomly showing you old cached pages. Unsurprisingly, this can cause all sorts of strangeness including apparently activating/de-activating plugins, showing plugins that you’ve deleted, etc.

-Rob

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Wow, as I read your description of the problem initially I thought to myself, “sounds like a caching issue”.

A good note for the future. I assume you are loading WordPress inside bbPress then?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar