Bottom

Plugin Not Functioning After Theme Update

• kellyt
    Participant

@kellyt

bbPress Version: 2.5.10
    Wordpress Version: 4.5.3

Hello,

The plugin was installed and activated, worked fine until I updated my theme. The plugin is there in the plugins list activated. However, I cannot locate its settings and “forums” to add new forums. All current forums are gone. So, basically when people click on “forums” on my site, it states “there are no forums”. I have even tried deactivating, reinstalling and reactivating but to no avail. How do I fix this issue? I am hoping someone can help me as my site is live and the forums page is not working. I have even contacted the theme developer but before they can help me i am required to pay for support which i am not so sure whether they can help with the problem.

Thank you and much appreciate.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

This could be an issue with your rewrite rules. To fix this try resetting your permalinks. In your WordPress Administration Screens navigate to Settings > Permalinks, select a different permalink structure and save. Then select your original permalink structure and save again.

kellyt
    Participant

@kellyt

Hello Robin,

I tried your method and it didn’t work. Do I need to deactivate and reactivate or delete and reinstall?

Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

try switching themes to see if it us definitely the latest update, and then contact the theme author

kellyt
    Participant

@kellyt

i checked with technical support apparently the bbpress plugin code has some problem, hence it is not able to function properly. Is anyone facing that problem?

Your theme developers will need to be a little more specific than “bbPress code has some problems”.

If bbPress’ code didn’t change and you updated your theme and now bbPress doesn’t work, then this is not a bPress issue, it is a issue with your theme and what changed in the latest theme update.

I suggest you contact the theme developers again, link them here to this post of mine, if there is a bbPress issue, I’m happy to work with the theme author to fix bbPress if that is the case.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar