Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin: Gravatar

• I wrote a simple plugin for Gravatar. I am planning to put files on Extend, but I am still waiting. You can download it from Google Code for now, please visit this plugin’s homepage. You can find a download link and know how to modify your theme in the page.

It is relatively simple:

• Gravatar Email field – This plugin doesn’t use user’s registered email.
    • Email Verification – Users need to own the Gravatar Emails which they input.
    • Support Default Image
    • Size customized (1..80px)

I hope I can hear your thoughts about this plugin.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Nice job!

That’s a strange feature to use an email address that the person didn’t use to register but you made it work so I guess you made it work.

Remember that gravatars are going to be allowed up to 128×128 soon (so says Matt).

Aha… I just realized that I didn’t know users can change their registered email. (I use a Key Master to edit normal user’s profile…)

I should remove this Gravatar Email field to make code simpler and add another field Use Gravatar?. Maybe add some other features as well.

I am also waiting Gravatar to allow larger avatar. Once it allow, I will put a new version out.

Oops…

I changed my mind. bbPress doesn’t check the validity of new email address and confirm the user really own that new email address.

I like this plugin the way it is! It is great! Thank you! Don’t forget to add it to the repository as well:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/add/

Trent

Trent

Thanks for liking it. I already requested, I know it need sometime to get approval.

I wish I would have seen this earlier. :) I just hacked in gravatar support by using the wordpress plugin. Since I didn’t see any listed in the extensions section I went ahead and applied to have mine added. I will go ahead and delete mine since their is really no point in having two.

If you have any use for the code I used let me know I can send it on.

I think there is no need to delete yours. Your porting plugin should have more features than mine. I am too lazy, therefore my Gravatar plugin only has the functionalities that I need. However I will add a feature if someone asks and I agree that is a general need.

Here is a link to mine: http://www.68kb.com/2007/10/25/bbpress-plugin-68-gravatars/

From browsing your code mine is way way basic. :) Just one function and one call. Also mine only uses the posters registered email as well.

Thanks guys, great job :)

New Version, 0.2. Download the zipped file.

• Two Gravatar Email Source

• Use registered email
      • Use additional Gravatar Email field

• Email Verification – Users need to verify Gravatar Emails which they input
    • Options page (screenshot)
    • Default Image – Supports displaying Default Image

• Also supports displaying different Default Image based on user’s role

• Display Name – Shows Display Name instead of Login name if available
    • Customize Size, Rating of avatar
    • Complete Deactivation – Removes options and data in usermeta

Plugin’s page

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar