Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

• Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_get_option() in /home2/cincomej/public_html/3cincom/wp-content/plugins/easy-video-embed/easy-video-embed-plugin-0.1.php on line 37

What does this mean?

Was able to activate “Allow Images” and “bbPress Moderation Suite” plug-ins, though I have no idea how they function once installed.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• @ChrisClayton
    Participant

@chrisclayton

Hi Philv.

The plugin has not been upgraded for BBpress 2.0+

To use that plugin you will need to download the stand-alone version or bribe the plugin developer into updating it

or; finding a new plugin that is compatible for 2.0+. :)

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response, Chris.

bbPress forums/topics permits an admin to post html content. Sadly, it appears to be a time in limbo before a member can do the same. It limits the range and ease of discussion.

I will keep searching for a solution. Thanks again.

@ChrisClayton
    Participant

@chrisclayton

One of the worst things about a major update like this, is that we lose alot of great plugins – But, it’s better finding out now that their not actively updating it anymore than use it for a while and find out one day that everything’s broken :)

what type of html did you want your users posting?

Post toolbar allows alot of great functionality – https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress-post-toolbar/

It seems to do the same thing as ‘easy video embed’ by allowing users to post videos using a ‘[video]‘ or ‘[youtube]’ shortcode.

Also, because bbpress is now using WordPress post-types. you could also easily create other shortcodes to achieve what you want.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Shortcode_API

Instead of letting users do img src and giving them complete control over the output of the image, you can allow them to do ‘[image]cat.img[/image]’ to achieve the same affect in an easier way, as an example.

I do honestly think that using shortcodes (search the wordpress extend, theirs alot of shortcode plugins) would be a better option as it allows you to control it’s use properly, as i’m sure you know, some humans enjoy causing trouble – and their are afew html codes that can causing a hellish experience for your users if it gets into the hands of the wrong user.

It’s one of the reasons wordpress.com doesn’t allow some html codes :)

Chris, thanks so much. For now, the toolbar serves the purposes. The membership is restricted and I will be providing instructions for posting.

I will be exploring shortcodes at the same time. Should I run into problems applying them, given my slow learning curve, I will return here for some excellent assistance.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar