Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin: bbPortal 1.2

• Null

@null

bbPortal 1.2 is ready to download. You can download it here: http://www.bbportal.org/bb-downloads/bbportal1.2.zip

Changelog:

– Made bbPortal compatible with bbPress 8.0 +

– Rewritten most part of the code and fixed some small bugs

– Now using the bb_get_option API instead of creating a new database table

– Moved the plugin options in the admin area from “Content” to “Portal Management” in the main admin menubar

– bbPortal now uses the bbMenu plugin for its menu’s. This plugin is added into the .zip file

– Fixed the form processing bug (thanks to Sam Bauers)

Still to do:

– Fix the hyperlink bug

– Better CSS for the left and rightbars

– Widgets

– Being able to create new pages

– Being able to create new link tabs

_Null

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

• maker

@maker

I get these errors:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user ‘nobody’@’localhost’ (using password: NO) in /xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/bb/my-plugins/bbmenu.php on line 376

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/bb/my-plugins/bbmenu.php on line 376

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/bb/my-plugins/bbmenu.php on line 377

Null

@null

Seems like a db connection problem to me…

Dunno why this happens, what php/myql version do you run? Dp you have this with other plugins that requier the database?

maker

@maker

PHP version 5.1.6

MySQL version 4.1.21-standard

No other problems with plugins.

Null

@null

Perhaps cause it’s php 5? I dunno it seems to have problems with:

$r = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM$bbdb->menuWHEREset= 'active' ORDER BYorder` ASC”);

while($rw = mysql_fetch_array($r))`

You can see the tabs in the admin erea? (is your bb_menu table filled?)

edit:

perhaps add:

global $bbdb; right above the code (above the $r) I showed… what happens then?

detrom

@detrom

Hi I get these errors on my forum:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /xxx/xxxx/xxx/xxxx/my-plugins/bbmenu.php on line 376

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /xxx/xxxx/xxx/xxxx/my-plugins/bbmenu.php on line 376

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxx/xxxx/xxx/xxxx/my-plugins/bbmenu.php on line 377

Any idea?

detrom

@detrom

Null i add global $bbdb; and i get these errors

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in xxx/my-plugins/bbmenu.php on line 377

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in xxx/my-plugins/bbmenu.php on line 377

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in xxx/my-plugins/bbmenu.php on line 378

Need hep!!

Null

@null

Do you also run php 5? and/or mysql 4?

and can you check if the bb_menu table is created in your db and if there is stuff in it?

To be honest, I have realy NO idea why you guys have these errors or why they occurs. Since you both have the same problem with the same lines of code, I am guessing that OR i programmed something wrong (that can be, cause I really am a programming noob) or it is a php/msql version problem.

Do you see the menu tabs in the admin area?

If you dont realy need the menu part, but want to play/use the portal only, you can create a clean php file naming it bbmenu.php and put in a function called: get_bbmenu(). Just make sure this function does nothing at all. Upload it to your plugin directory and you can use the portal plugin. The portal plugin checks if this functions excist in order to continue, but in this stage it doesn’t realy need the bbmenu plugin yet (it is usable without it). Only thing is you won’t have a nice menu on your portal page then…

wittmania

@wittmania

I’m sorry if this has been covered somewhere…

What exactly does this plugin do? Do you have any screenshots, or a site where it is working?

Thanks!

detrom

@detrom

Null i have php 5.2.1 .

I see that he bb_menu table is not created in db. WHY?

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

Thanks Null! We’re using bbPortal at our forum now. :) Any chance that you can add Sticky support for topics? I have a topic stickied in my designated portal forum, but it doesn’t appear stickied on the portal page.

Null

@null

2 Wittmania:

Demo: http://www.bbportal.org

2 Keith:

Yeah, I already thought about that too. Still thinking of how to make this happen. It is on my to do list…

2 Detrom and Maker:

I think this is a php5+ issue. I will take a look at it. It would help if you could install the private messages plugin and tell me if that plugin runs ok. You can get it here: https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/20?replies=8

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

Thanks Null. :)

One additional thought… is it possible to limit the length of the post on the portal page, then have a link at the bottom that will take you to the full post in the forum?

detrom

@detrom

Null, private messages plugins is installed now, try on my forum please

http://foro.bolsageneral.com

Null

@null

keith:

you mean like a read more?

detrom:

will take a look at it

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

keith:

you mean like a read more?

Yes, that’s what I mean. :)

Null

@null

I will take a look at it, fixen bbMenu has priority now…

detrom

@detrom

Null I bbmenu is deactivated on my forum, if you want i can activate too try to fix the problem

Null,

Any updates on this issue?

YEah some dude fixed it, but never mailed me the solution :(

that’s a real shame

a real crying shame.

Isn’t it so that WordPress itself can function like a portal?

Yeah, if you have WP installed go use it. If you don’t have it and want something izi, use this :D

One admin dashboard, it’s as simple as a plugin etc , etc.

There are lots of good little reasons for this plugin. Not everybody wants the complexity of a wordpress blog for their main site entrance. And in my case I already have another wordpress blog integrated into my forums. In the case of those who just want a forum site, this plugin will make things more ‘inviting’ to the casual visitor.

I’m a little confused. The word “portal” is such an overloaded term that I’m having trouble seeing what bbPortal *does*.

Does it simply add a distinct front page to a bbPress install? Can it be used to supplement bbPress with freestanding pages under separate tabs? Or something else entirely?

I’ve looked back at other bbPortal posts, gone to bbportal.org, etc. and still don’t quite get it. Thanks for any light you can shed.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar