Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin: Allow additional or custom profile fields

• I’ve just created my first plugin. This plugin allows custom profile fields which a user will see upon registration and subsequently when editing their profile page. The values will also show up on the view profile page. This plugin also allows the addition of the profile fields from the wordpress’ profile page. Refer to the instructions in the plugin for simple configuration details.

This plugin was developed in a bbpress/wordpress integrated environment. I’m not sure if this works on bbpress installs only. It wouldn’t hurt to try, however, and I’m sure it can be modified to work with bbpress w/o a wordpress integration.

Please try it out and let me know what you think.

Here’s the link:

ra_custom_profile_keys.zip

Thanks!

Ron

Viewing 2 replies - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Has anyone noticed this problem:

If you make the additional (i.e. custom) fields “required”, it works fine on register page, but not on profile page. That is, on register page, you get an error if the required field is not completed by the user, as it should be. On the profile page, you get no error message – if there is no value in the field, then the form simply doesn’t process – no error appears.

(Note: we implemented this field after there were already hundreds of registered users, which is why we have several hundred fields that are “blank” even though the custom field is required. However, it would be nice if we could get legacy users to fill in that field any time that they edit their profile from here out.)

I’m also having the same problem as kehlers. The registration page works fine, but when I try to edit the fields nothing happens.

I’m using a fresh WP 2.8 and BB 1.0 install.

Viewing 2 replies - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar