Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plug-in section has disappeared off my dashboard.

• gloriajameson
    Participant

@gloriajameson

The Plug-in section has just disappeared off my dashboard. I’m a user not an IT person so not au fait. The developer (who has now left me to my own devices) made me super-admin during development to open up more functions but now he’s gone I seem to have regressed to a mere Administrator and can’t see the plug-ins anymore. My reading about that suggests that even as an administrator I should be able to manage plug-ins but it’s not happening.

Wordpress version 5.7.2
    can’t find bbPress version
    Avada version 7.0.2

Site (not yet in full use) http://forum.thehiddenpeople.ie/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

try this

gloriajameson
    Participant

@gloriajameson

Thanks, that’s very informative and also bad news. I’m administrator on a .org site, so that just leaves the option no 2 (that the developer locked it down as a final act). If they removed themselves from the user list, can they even get in again to fix it?

Robin W

@robin-w

do have access to

dashboard>appearance>themes ?

gloriajameson
    Participant

@gloriajameson

Almost. In the main WP side bar, I’ve got dashboard>appearance and then a choice of Customise / Menus / Options.

There’s also Avada>dashboard but no themes

Under Avada>dashboard there’s also >Maintenance>Plugins / Add-ons but it’s not a listing of the installed / activated plug-ins, it seems to be a page offering Avada-specific plug-ins none of which have ever been installed AFAIK.

The plug-ins option as shown at the beginning of the video you linked a) was there before and b) is no longer there.

Thank you so much for taking the time btw

Robin W

@robin-w

ok,I’d suggest you try your developer f you can – it is likely to be something they have done.

If they refuse to help further, then come back

gloriajameson
    Participant

@gloriajameson

Thank you so much for your support. I made contact with the developer and can now see plugins again.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar