Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Please help, I have a couple of questions.

• Petejm2000
    Participant

@petejm2000

1. I am looking to create a forum and put it on a couple websites. Each website also needs a specific section/separate forum for that site as well as the one that is across a couple of websites. Is this possible with bbpress?

2. I have this message at the bottom of my site “Your account has the ability to post unrestricted HTML content.” From what I understand this is bad how do I change it?

3. How exactly does bbpress and buddypress work together and how do I integrate them?

4. Is there a way to only let people create topics in category’s?

Many thanks for you help.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok,

1. not possible with bbpress as far as I know
    2. only admin/keymasters get this priviledge
    3. https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/installing-group-and-sitewide-forums/
    4. If I understand the question correctly, normal users – that is the default ie participants can create topics and replies, but not forums or categories. If you meant something different then come back

peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

3. Buddypress allows more member profile functions, group creation with private forums and a facebook style activity wall, this is all added by Buddypress to the already existing forum only functions from BBpress.

They integrat by following the steps offered after instal, I always instal BBPress first.

If you want you can have a look a my site how they work together, I believe they should always be used in tandem.

Buddy/BB/Wordpress

4. If you create the categories and the forums, then members can only post topics in forums on hose categories by default.

2. You can change that text in form-reply.php, which means you need to make a bbpress template folder in your child theme.

1. I wish it was true.

Hope this helps.

Peter Hamilton

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar