Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

phpbb3 import incomplete and switches authors

• Halo Diehard
    Participant

@halo-diehard

Hello, I am once again seeing if I can switch over to bbPress, since WP-United does not play well with so many phpBB3 and WP social extras, and upon import I am only getting posts up to four months ago, with nothing for the last four months. Also, somehow the import process is switching some authors. I’m not sure if I should be importing the users or not (I think I’ve tried both), or what the best practice is since I already have a WP userbase of the same people who made the posts that I’m importing from phpBB3. In fact, because of WP-United, they are linked in some way.

Any help would be appreciated! I’ve been at it for a number of days. My WordPress version is 3.6.0 and my bbPress version is 2.4.

You may be surprised to see my bbPress forum: I’m currently altering the css to make it look like my phpBB3 one, using @Lynq’s bbPress starter theme and Daniel St. Jules’ CoDFaction phpBB3 theme.

Forums

Viewing 26 replies (of 26 total)

• Halo Diehard
    Participant

@halo-diehard

So…

I’ve been working on this today, and I successfully converted my phpbb3 forum into my local bbPress for an updated install, exported the bbPress database tables from my local, and imported them into my live site. For some reason my live site bbPress isn’t recognizing the freshly imported bbPress tables 🙁

Any ideas what I can do at this point? I ran the bbPress repair tool before doing the export on the local, and ran it again several times since importing it on my live site. I also did some visual comparisons of the bbPress tables in both databases, and they seem to be in order.

Signed,
    AtMyWitsEnd ;D

Edit – PS: I also tried adding the tables both with bbPress activated and with it inactivated, deleted the tables each time before importing them again.

Viewing 26 replies (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar