Categories
Search
Bottom

phpbb to bbPress routine

• maximemue
    Participant

@maximemue

Dear all,

I try to migrate phpbb (3.20) to bbPress (WP 5.0.3). Two major issues (utf8 and missing database columns) have been solved and now the routine is running. All users (1600) are already migrated. Now the routine tries to import the 200.000 posts. It runs smoothly until 16500 posts, then it slows down and keeps stuck. When I stop it manually, it restarts for another 50 posts and will stop again.

I have no error messages, it just does not go on migrating the posts. What is the issue?

Many thanks for your help!!

Best

Maxime

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hi Maxime,

Are you trying to import into 2.5 or into 2.6? If you start with a fresh bbPress, then please note that v2.6 has improved import capabilities. You can download the latest RC from https://bbpress.org/download/

maximemue
    Participant

@maximemue

I have 2.5.16 installed, will try with 2.6, thanks!

maximemue
    Participant

@maximemue

Hi,

the routine looks more powerful and more transparent, that’s great. However it is doing step 8 again and again:

“Converting anonymous topic authors (50 through 50 of 50)100%”

and again, and again, and again…. please help, I am really looking Forward using WordPress, but I need this integrated forum solution 🙁

Thanks!!

Maxime

maximemue
    Participant

@maximemue

…is it an issue with topics which have been created by authors having deleted their account in the meantime?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar