Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

php_e() issue

• Hi ,

I’m having a problem with the function php_e().

I use require_once(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)) . ‘/wp-blog-header.php’); to include wordpress functions into bbpress, the problem is, I think , that there is a conflict between php_e() wordpress function and php_e() bbpress function and it is impossible for me to translate my bbpress forum.

So how can I solve this problem and make bbpress use his own php_e() function and not the wordpress one ??

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • So at the moment there is no simple solution ???

This is a tough one to resolve. I noticed before that someone managed to merge their pot files for wordpress and bbpress into one and load that into wordpress (and in turn bbpress)

Use PoEdit:

msgmerge --no-fuzzy-matching -o ru_RU.po wp_ru_RU.po bb_ru_RU.po

I tried that but there is apparently a problem when mergin because when I open the merged file there is nothing from bbpress language file inside.

Can I use copy paste to merge the two files ??

Youhou I think I found a more simple solution than merging bbpress and wordpress language file:

– Download your bbpress language file (for me fr_FR) then rename it using another name than the language file you use for wordpress (in my case my wordpress language file is fr_FR and I renamed it in ru_RU) then put it inside your /wp-content/languages folder.

– duplicate wp-blog-header.php and rename the copy as wp-blog-header-bb.php

– duplicate wp-config.php and rename the copy wp-config-bb.php

– open wp-blog-header-bb.php and replace the two occurences of wp-config.php by wp-config-bb.php

-open wp-config-bb.php and replace the line define (‘WPLANG’, ‘yourlanguage’);

by define (‘WPLANG’, ‘newnameofyourbbpresslanguagefile’); (in my case I replaced define (‘WPLANG’, ‘fr_FR’); by define (‘WPLANG’, ‘ru_RU’);)

-In your bb-config.php replace wp-blog-header.php by wp-blog-header-bb.php

You’re done now each time bbpress loads wordpress will load your bbpress language file instead of the wordpress one.

I hope my explainations were clear.

A++

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar