Categories
Search
Bottom

PHP Deprecated

• daelanfynn
    Participant

@daelanfynn

Hi guys,

I checked the website error log and found the following contentious errors from the bbPress plugin. Please can the support team fix these errors?

PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property BBP_Forums_Component::$members is deprecated in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/extend/buddypress/loader.php on line 149
    PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property BBP_Forums_Component::$activity is deprecated in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/extend/buddypress/loader.php on line 153

Regards
    Daelan

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

These are deprecated errors, meaning that they will become an issue in a later version of PHP, and are not affecting your site at the moment.

I am just a moderator here, and not a bbpress author, the authors are aware that they exist, and if not fixed by them, I will add a fix in my

bbp style pack

when needed

ianuarius85
    Blocked

@ianuarius85

I’m getting the same message trying to add a new role.

function add_vahennetyt_role() {
        $subscriber = get_role('subscriber'); 

add_role(
            'vahennetyt_oikeudet',
            __('Vähennetyt oikeudet'),
            $subscriber->capabilities
        );

$role = get_role('vahennetyt_oikeudet');
        if ($role) {
            $role->remove_cap('edit_posts');
        }
    }
    add_action('wp_loaded', 'add_vahennetyt_role');

Sure, it’s not an error, but I’m getting like 6 of these lines every time anyone loads any page.

[12-Jun-2024 07:47:34 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Creation of dynamic property BBP_Forums_Component::$members is deprecated in /home/.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/extend/buddypress/loader.php on line 149
    [12-Jun-2024 07:47:36 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Creation of dynamic property BBP_Forums_Component::$members is deprecated in /home/.../public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/extend/buddypress/loader.php on line 149

I’d appreciate it, if I could see all the actual errors and warnings in my logs and not have to slog through these un-messages.

Cheers.

Robin W

@robin-w

you’ll want to set logging but not display

see

https://www.hostinger.co.uk/tutorials/debug-wordpress item 2

and my style pack includes fixes for the above loader.phop errors

bbp style pack

ianuarius85
    Blocked

@ianuarius85

I already have WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY as false. I don’t know why you’d think I didn’t.

Like I already said, I don’t want these Deprecated messages logged, because they make reading the logs very difficult.

I’m also already using bbp style pack. You say there are fixes for the loader errors. Where are they? There’s like 50 tabs in the plugin. If you say it exists, I believe you, but I sure couldn’t find it.

Cheers.

Robin W

@robin-w

this is free software with free support offered by volunteers who do not get paid anything.

You come across as slightly rude and entitled, but I’m sure you do not mean to do so.

However it looks like I was wrong when I said the style pack has a fix – I may have removed it following buddypress 12 being released,.

This plugin bridges bbpress and the newer versions of buddypress – if that does not fix, do come back.

BP Classic

ianuarius85
    Blocked

@ianuarius85

Yea, sorry. I get a bit rude when people first don’t listen to what I say, then send me to a wild goose chase for some non-existent solutions to problems they invented for me. I don’t feel I’m entitled to anything. But if the free support I get just ends up wasting my time because the free help didn’t feel enticed to read past first three words, then it’s not a matter of entitlement.

I’m asking if there happens to be someone who happens to know the solution to my issue. If you don’t have an answer, then don’t feel obligated to invent something. It really isn’t helping anyone.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar