Categories
Search
Bottom

Permission Error

• ctseng01
    Participant

@ctseng01

When I tried to create a topic under the forum, I get this error message:

ERROR: You do not have permission to create new topics.

I also am not able to go into any link under Dashboard>Forum – I think somehow the permission setting is all jacked up…

I already deleted and re-installed the Plugin, tested it on TwentyThirdteen, the problem still persist.

I am using bbPress 2.5.2-5234, WP Version 3.8. The site is collaborativemotherhood.com. Also, the site is password protected (ctseng01, santaynezvalley) The forum link is in the footer, between “Mommy Power” and “Help Center”

Thanks for your help.

Mod: I edited and removed the user/pass from your post.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I removed the user/pass from your post as that adding public Admin logins is not the best thing to do here publicly.

At a quick look though it looks like you have a plugin conflict as bbPress is activated yet there is no trace of it in the dashboard for the ‘Forums’, ‘Topics’ or ‘Replies’ or even Tools -> Forums or Settings -> Forums.

To try and resolve conflicts with other plugins please disable all your plugins except bbPress to see if the error persists. Re-enable each plugin one at a time and if things break again you should be able to now know which other plugin is causing the conflict.

ctseng01
    Participant

@ctseng01

Thanks. I found the conflicting plugin (Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin (AWPCP). Unfortunately it is a plugin that I must have on my site. Can you give me some pointer in how I can resolve the conflict? (other than switch to another plugin)

Thanks for removing the Id/PW.

Christina.

AWPCP state this is now fixed, contact them for an updated version.
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/awpcp-kills-the-bbpress-dashboard

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar