Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

permalinks?

• I just installed the bbpress plugin for WordPress and also the BuddyPress plugin. When i create a new forum through bbpress the permalinks are coming out to be website.com/forums/forum/forumname

what could be causing this?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

That is the anticipated behavior. What did you expect?

I too found this kinda odd, it’s the superfluous /forum/

I’d imagine it should look like:

website.com/forums/forumname

Instead of:

website.com/forums/forum/forumname

I imagine there’s a sensible reason behind it, but from a design standpoint it’s just plain wacky, especially considering that there’s an option to hide the /forums/ base slug in bbPress options, but trying to leave the forum slug field empty results in a “forums//forumname” quirk that breaks all the links.

Guess we’ll have to put up with it.

mine does this too… the breadcrumbs are:

Site Home › Forums › Forums › News & Announcements › Topic Title

when i click on the first forums, it gives me not a list of forums, but a plain, unlinked text list of forums without any links or anything. its bizarre, not sure whats wrong. :s

It sure looks silly. :(

That second problem of yours can be fixed by making a page called Forums, and making manual links to your different forums on that exactly how you want them.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Link me to your site. The breadcrumb is designed to avoid duplicates, so it shouldn’t be happening like that.

The permalinks are working the way that WordPress is designed to make them work. This is actually the same way that bbPress 1.0 has worked since the very beginning.

theurbanbrain

@theurbanbrain

I see the same permalink layout but instead of the forum I get No Results Found

The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.

Not sure what I did wrong but none of the forums can be reached. Anyone know what I did wrong?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar