Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Password Emails Not Being Sent to New Registered Users

• jjwallestad
    Participant

@jjwallestad

When new users register on my website, they are not being sent an email with their password. Additionally I have it set up for new users to be assigned the role of “participant” for the forums, and when they register no role is selected for them until I change it manually. I am running bbpress plugin 2.4.1 on WordPress 3.7.1. My site is http://birdingacrossamerica.com. I am using the shortcode [bbp-login]. Previously I had no problems with users registering, getting their passwords, and being assigned the particpant role. I’m not sure when it changed, but it is no longer working.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • WordPress sends emails for user registration not bbPress. I suggest you check to see if emails are being sent for blog post notifications and/or new comments etc and post to https://wordpress.org/support/ if you need more help troubleshooting your WP install. You should also check with your web host that there are no issues on that side of things.

Additionally I have it set up for new users to be assigned the role of “participant” for the forums, and when they register no role is selected for them until I change it manually. I am running bbpress

The forum role is not actually set until the user logs in for the first time at which time they will then be assigned the role defined in the settings.

sonarman
    Participant

@sonarman

I have bbPress installed and the register screens set up and displaying correctly. I have WP SMTP installed and pointing to my hostmonster mail server. It tests fine. When a new member registers I get a notification that a new user has registered and I know this is going through the SMTP server because of the headers in the email. The password email is not being received. I don’t believe the password is actually being sent for reasons I don’t understand. I have the latest versions of WordPress and bbPress. I think it is a bbPress problem not a SMTP problem.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar