Categories
Search
Bottom

Participant can move topics

• audrey2112
    Participant

@audrey2112

Hi,

for some reason, the participant role on my website can move a topic on another forum. I don’t want them to have this ability. This apply only on the first post in the topic. I search everywhere for a solution, but nothing work for me, and the problem just appear a couple of days ago. Just disactivated that fonction in the front-end would be just fine since I can move topics in the backend.

Also, I would like that the participant can delete their own post.

Thanks.

All of my plugins are update. I am using Elementor, Youzer and buddypress.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

something will have caused that, but it will be site specific, so not sure I can help much. What has changed in the last few days ?

audrey2112
    Participant

@audrey2112

Nothing much.

I don’t really play in the files of my site and if I do, It was for these two problems. I have my child theme who I make some changes in the fonction.php files and I have some css in the astra theme, but I don’t think that’s the problem. I just deactivate Youzer to see if it’s there and yes, it’s still there. I just reset bbpress also and it’s still there. The participant can move the topics the another one.

The changes I made recently was with elementor, some traduction with loco translate. So the problem can be there for a awhile and I just notice it recently.

Can we just desable that fonction in the template of bbpress?

And for the deleting post for the participant, is there a code that I can add to the fonction.php of my child theme?

Thank you.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, without knowing the cause, hard to say what to fix, but this will hide it

a.bbp-reply-move-link  {
    display : none !important;
    }

put this in the custom css part of your theme

Robin W

@robin-w

this small plugin lets participants close their own topics, but not delete – sorry best I can do for free 🙂

allow participants to close own topics

audrey2112
    Participant

@audrey2112

Thanks, it work but I did this:

#bbpress-forums .bbp-form label {
    }
    .youzer #bbpress-forums select {
    }

But I don’t kown if it will affect something else in the forum… I hope it will be fixe in futur update of my plugins.

Do you have a solution for the participant to be able to delete their own post?

audrey2112
    Participant

@audrey2112

Oh thank you, I did not see your post for deleting topics!

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar