Parent and Child display incorrectly

• cristofayre
    Participant

@cristofayre

WP:5.7
    bbpress: Who knows: Most recent download
    theme: dashscroll
    membership: ARMembership

Not sure whether it’s BBPress, my theme or another plugin … but the ‘child’ forums are all being bunched under the category heading. (Maybe I set it up wrong) I set a forum as a category, and then created the forums as children of that parent:

Atomz/
    – Products forum
    – Banner forum

and so on

The top line shows the correct format (Forum, Topic, Posts, Last Posts), but the children display as
    Products forum (0,0), Banner forum (0,0) …

https://atomz.pro/tec-tocc/the-atomz-forums/ ** This has temporarily been enabled; it’s normally hidden by membership plugin. If you click through to the “The Entrepreneur Club (TEC) you will see “Ecommerce” category … and all the ‘bunched’ children under that.

I’m also wondering if the category will show the totals of posts etc. Confused

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I’d suggest you install

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Forum Display

and/or

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>forum templates

cristofayre
    Participant

@cristofayre

I presume by settings, you mean the plugin settings option. The “bb style pack” you mention isn’t listed. Fact, all I have is one option that says “Forum Theme Packages” which lists the one default template. (I also checked the settings where writing / reading / discussion is shown, but again, nothing found)

I have (sort of) solved it via a plugin called “Turnkey bbPress by WeaverTheme”; at least now all the children are shown in one column with a newline, although they still show with just (0,0) at the end, (which changes to (1,0) when making a post

Will research if there are anymore bbpress templates that can be installed anywhere.

Robin W

@robin-w

there are many additional plugins which add functionality to bbpress, just as there are for almost all the popular wordpress plugins (eg woocommerce, contact form 7 etc. all have a host of additional plugins)

Just add style pack and enjoy 🙂

cristofayre
    Participant

@cristofayre

Apologies. I’ve just read the email, and I see you’re advising me to install bbp style … which is why I couldn’t find it in the admin area. Put it down to fact it’s now 19:40 in UK, and – save for 1hr lunch – been at it for 12hrs !

Robin W

@robin-w

That’s fine – I’m also UK 🙂

cristofayre
    Participant

@cristofayre

BRILLIANT – ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT

That “bb-style pack” is absolutely “flippin'” amazing! … and the “details” link definately undersells the whole thing. One screenshot – showing numbers that are not explained in the text – really don’t do it justice! (Then again, the entire interface of buttons is a bit OVERwhelming at first glance) OK, so it’s taken 3hrs to get everything set up, but it now looks “brill”

(It still hasn’t solved the Tiny MCE problem which insists on showing red / grey icons!, and misplaced “Visual” / “Text” wording on the buttons. It also doesn’t show the second row button, but that might be ‘cos I moved the buttons around via “WP-edit”)

Appreciate there is a DONATION option – and I would if I had the “reddies” That said, I’m hoping my ATOMZ apps + forum will find clients @ £25pm, so once that’s promoted, I will send you a donation.

Now, before I try and crack the Visual Editor icon error … I’ll take a look at your other plugins.

Really, it’s helped a great deal. (Originally, I was going to go with “WP-Foro” … but then found that was a theme, not a plugin)

cristofayre
    Participant

@cristofayre

Alas, this plugin is causing a lot of “critical errors” on my server preventing me from logging in!

Robin W

@robin-w

unless you list the errors, I can’t help you 🙂

At the moment you are just telling me that your car is making a funny noise

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar