Skip to:

Paid Help, custom permalinks structure

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • No official rules, but going by what I remember from the WP forums: no.

What have you tried? Got a phpBB -> bb converter? Does it work?

The link structure shouldn’t be a problem, you just need some custom rules in your .htaccess which someone can probably help with.

Asking for paid support in a support forum is a no-no. I can suggest that you leave your contact information and then I can close the thread and/or drop a line over at the paid support list at:

I know that is WP list, but there are people that might help there as well.

Sorry about this but I really want to use bbPress.

I can convert the DB but only changing the .htaccess rules will not help.

I need a modification to function get_topic_link from bb-includes/template-functions.php and function bb_repermalink() from bb-includes/functions.php

Hacking the template-functions.php and creating the link is easy but bb_repermalink is always 301 redirect me to the root because the link function is not created right.

Sam Bauers

I imagine the only obstacle to changing your link structure is existing links in the forums. Perhaps you should consider using mod_rewrite rules to simply convert the existing link structure to standard bbpress format, then going forward you can just use standard bbpress style permalinks.

All this would/should take is a few lines on a .htaccess file.

Are you talking on doing a 302 from*.html to

How can this be done?

Sam Bauers

No guarantees about this one….

Add this to an .htaccess file in the base of your bbPress installlation.

You will need to modify where specified.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase <<Insert real path to your installation>>

RewriteRule ^about([0-9]+).html(.*)$ <<Insert real path to your installation>>topic.php?id=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+).html(.*)$ <<Insert real path to your installation>>forum.php?id=$1 [L,QSA]

I’ll try this and see how it works.

So basically this should transform the about*.html links to topic.php?id=$1.

Might work…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar