Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Paid Help, custom permalinks structure

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • No official rules, but going by what I remember from the WP forums: no.

What have you tried? Got a phpBB -> bb converter? Does it work?

The link structure shouldn’t be a problem, you just need some custom rules in your .htaccess which someone can probably help with.

Asking for paid support in a support forum is a no-no. I can suggest that you leave your contact information and then I can close the thread and/or drop a line over at the paid support list at:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Mailing_Lists#Professional

I know that is WP list, but there are people that might help there as well.

Trent

Sorry about this but I really want to use bbPress.

I can convert the DB but only changing the .htaccess rules will not help.

I need a modification to function get_topic_link from bb-includes/template-functions.php and function bb_repermalink() from bb-includes/functions.php

Hacking the template-functions.php and creating the link is easy but bb_repermalink is always 301 redirect me to the root because the link function is not created right.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

I imagine the only obstacle to changing your link structure is existing links in the forums. Perhaps you should consider using mod_rewrite rules to simply convert the existing link structure to standard bbpress format, then going forward you can just use standard bbpress style permalinks.

All this would/should take is a few lines on a .htaccess file.

Are you talking on doing a 302 from domain.com/about*.html to domain.com/bbpres_slugs?

How can this be done?

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

No guarantees about this one….

Add this to an .htaccess file in the base of your bbPress installlation.

You will need to modify where specified.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase <<Insert real path to your installation>>

RewriteRule ^about([0-9]+).html(.*)$ <<Insert real path to your installation>>topic.php?id=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+).html(.*)$ <<Insert real path to your installation>>forum.php?id=$1 [L,QSA]
    </IfModule>

Thanx,

I’ll try this and see how it works.

So basically this should transform the about*.html links to topic.php?id=$1.

Might work…

Thanx.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar