Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Open forums & topics in template

• telium
    Participant

@telium

I’m new to WordPress and bbPress, so I apologize if my terminology isn’t quite right 🙂

I have create a pretty page and inserted the BB shortcode which shows all the forums. However, when I open one of the forums, or one of the topics, I find each opening in a fairly generic page.

Is it possible to create nice pages for these, and tell bbPress to open the forum/topic in the page I created? (I don’t like the default page).

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

link to your site please

telium
    Participant

@telium

My forums can be seen at:
    new.telium.io/haast/forums

In case it matters, Im using the Avada theme. (But I can just insert the shortcodes for bbpress where required)

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so now you need to explain what you want it to look like

telium
    Participant

@telium

That link shows a nice page that’ve designed, into which the bbpress content fits nicely.

But when I click into the forums, or open any topic, they open in some generic template page. I have no ideas where that page is..

I would LIKE to design a page for forums/topics with a nice header graphic etc (just like my link above), and I would like bbPress to open the forums/topics in that page.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, still not quite sure what you are meaning, but suspect

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

and look at section 8 which talks about getting bbpress to use the template you want

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar