Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

One forum category doesnt showing up.

• lordantares
    Participant

@lordantares

Hi! I have problem in bbpress forum, we have bbpress forum on our page on this link https://bmedic-online.cz/diskuzni_fora/. You can see whole forum, but in individual categories you have no access, but when you click “Biologie” or “Chemie” it announces you that you have no privilege. Every category works, but “Fyzika” doesnt. Even if you try to enter “Fyzika”, none announcement appear. I am including screenshots of it. On screenshots on “forum.png” you can see whole forum, and when i click on category “Chemie” and “Biologie” it forwards to forum depicted on screen “chemie_forum.png” and “biologie_forum.png”. But when i click on “Fyzika” category, nothing shows up, and it is interesting that icons in admin panel dont show up (in red rectangle on “fyzika_forum.png”).
    I dont understand what happend, nobody changed anything.

bbpress version is updated to newest, and wordpress is 5.9.
    Link to google drive for screens is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fKEU15U9GzHaC9KwXJ_XhGe8mSI7HVeC?usp=sharing

Can somebody help me?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so what plugin/theme are you using that restricts access?

lordantares
    Participant

@lordantares

i think it is lifterLMS and theme is LifterLMS launchpad child, and we have also “Restrict – membership, site, content and user access restrictions for WordPress” plugin, but I dont think that error is in this plugins, because other categories of forum work.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so it will I suspect be a setting that those use , so suggest you see what differences there are with that forum vs. the others

lordantares
    Participant

@lordantares

I think that they use identical settings, i dont know where to look for, and why icons in admin panel dont load, and istead of it there is only empty squares (you can see that on the screen).

Robin W

@robin-w

I don’t use either the theme or LMS, so I can’t say what settings you would need to look at, can only suggest you contact the theme author, or plugin authors of restrict content and/or LMS

lordantares
    Participant

@lordantares

You dont understand me well, i have no problem with access and restrictions, i have problem that forum “Fyzika” is not showing up, and others forum which are basically the same forums with same restrictions are showing up.

lordantares
    Participant

@lordantares

Sorry, now I take notice, it was probably caused that we had restriction rule that was expired. Thanks for help. But it was surprising for me that it did not announce that I have no privileges to enter forum, it simple did not show up 😀

Robin W

@robin-w

I fully understand – you have an issue where one forum is not showing. Given that showing these forums are settings within your theme or LMS, not within bbpress, then it most likely that it is a setting somewhere within this.

so you can try one last thing

dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save – this resets the permalinks and may help

then if you srea still convinced that it is not theme or plugin, you can prove this using

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem, glad that you are fixed 🙂

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar