Categories
Search
Bottom

On-Site Notifications

• macheteyeti
    Participant

@macheteyeti

Hello,

We are eagerly evaluating bbPress as an alternative to our current Facebook secret group. Initially we came across BuddyPress, but it seems overly high priced for our needs, so bbPress is a welcome alternative.

A critical feature to us is to have a notification modal ala Facebook, where users are made aware of all posts and replies.

From my research, not exhaustive, but I like to think pretty thorough, I have not been able to find anything to achieve this. Lots of plugins for email notifications, but this is less appealing for us. Hoping someone has an insight to set me on the right direction.

We are picturing adding a button the navigation. On click, it pops up a list of recent posts and indicates if it is new or already read by you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

try

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>unread posts

macheteyeti
    Participant

@macheteyeti

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the suggestion, however I am not sure I am seeing how it can meet our needs. It seems it just applies an icon to threads within a forum. I am looking for a way to display notifications in a sidebar from all forums, in aggregate. Am I missing something?

Robin W

@robin-w

No, that’s what it does.

I don’t know of anything that does exactly what you want.

bbpress is forum software – it does not try to emulate FB – sorry

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

this is a buddypress feature

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar