• Joe Dostie
    Participant

@joedostie

Hello all,

I’m having an issue as follows:

Only the Keymaster role can view any forums

I have only 2 users on my site
    joedostie – KeyMaster
    joedostie2 – made this account each – Spectator, Moderator, Participant <- it only VIEWED anything when I made it a KeyMaster.

When I try and register the accounts they tell me I am already logged on.
    I also deactivated WP-Members thinking that may be related. – No success
    I had my Forums as a sub-site but I have since moved it up to “No Parent” thinking that may be related with permalinks. – No success

The additional issue is that the KeyMaster account can NOT post or reply to anything via the Web.
    I don’t get any error message of any kind and I checked my logs and nothing shows up.

This is a very generic install.

It all works if I go through the dashboard but not the web.

All the forums are set to Open and Public

I don’t see anything in Akismet SPAM even after I try to reply

All registered users get the “Participant” role.

Anonymous is not allowed.

I am using the Avada 3.7 theme & Worpress 4.0

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated as Im at wits end and have looked through so many post I am burnt out at this point.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, le’s start by eliminating themes and plugins

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

Joe Dostie
    Participant

@joedostie

Yup…its a plug in. I disabled every plugin I have except for bbPress and it started to work.

Now I have to enable 1 by 1 and see which one it is.

Thanks for your help and I will update as soon as I find which one it is.

Joe Dostie
    Participant

@joedostie

I have both a test site and a production site. This is repeatable in both environments.

I had to disable BOTH of the below plugins to make bbPress web interface work.

I have both a test site and a production site. This is repeatable in both environments.

I had to disable BOTH of the below plugins to make bbPress work.

Revolution Slider – Version 4.6.5
    User Role Editor – Version 4.17.3

Revolution Slider is part of the Avada 3.7 theme and they say “Avada has full integration with this plugin.”

Another thing I just now noticed since it working is that the options “Tags:”, “Topics Type:” and “Topic Status:” were not originally available when using the [bbp-forum-index]

Revolution Slider is part of the Avada 3.7 theme and they say “Avada has full integration with this plugin.”

Another thing I just now noticed since it working is that the options “Tags:”, “Topics Type:” and “Topic Status:” were not originally available when using the [bbp-forum-index]

Joe Dostie
    Participant

@joedostie

Sorry about that previous post, no idea why it looks like that (you can delete it)

I had to disable BOTH of the below plugins to make bbPress work.

Revolution Slider – Version 4.6.5

Joe Dostie
    Participant

@joedostie

OK…after some well needed rest I figured it out…

So apparently there was an issue with previous version of Revolution Slider in the Avada theme (dint read all the details as I was spent at that point).

When I upgraded my Avada theme to the 3.7 version, I did an “in place upgrade” – just clicked the upgrade theme option.

Apparently the issue was “cached” in the plug in.

Deactivating the “plugin” got rid of the issue and then reactivating the “plugin” made the issue reappear.

What I had to do to solve the issue was to go into Avada Appearance > Them Option > Advanced and then select “Disable Avada Styles For Revolution Slider” – This apparently removes the plugin from the plugin cache.

Doing it from the “Plugin” side menu did not remove the plugin from cache and I was only turning the problem on and off.

Doing it from the Avada theme removed it from the cache and now everything works!

Hope this helps someone else!

Robin W

@robin-w

Great – thanks for posting your solution.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar