Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Oh no!

• Matthias
    Participant

@matthias70

I read many posts for removing the “Oh, bother” message.
    I tried to remove it with
    1. function.php
    2. tried to change feedback-no-topics.php and feedback-no-forums.php
    3. tried bbpress style pack

Would like to show “Only for registered users” but the only thing I get with solution 2 and 3 is a blank yellow field with nothing.

I use a Content Restrict Plugin for EDD and they say it’s a bbpress problem.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Matthias

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Matthias
    Participant

@matthias70

Here is the Link

Robin W

@robin-w

the link just gets you to a login page.

Issue is likely to be a combination of theme and/or plugins and/or restrict content.

you don’t say what function you used, what changes you made to feedback-no-topics.php and feedback-no-forums.php or what setting in style pack, so hard to say why those solutions might not be working

Matthias
    Participant

@matthias70

Hi Robin,
    I tried the workarounds you suggested here:

No forum found message in a members only forum

In feedback-no-topics.php and feedback-no-forums I translated the Oh, bother text directly into the text I want.

In style pack I tried to translate the sencentce and I tried to make it invisible.

Nothing works, it seems to me, that the content restriction plugin cuts all solutions before the can change the sentence…

If you have no solution, can you tell me, what I can say to EDD Support. There are Pippin and Jacoby in the background they should no what to do πŸ˜‰

Thanks
    Matthias

Robin W

@robin-w

not sure I can help further, I don’t have content restrict, so I cannot see what is happening.

I suspect that even as a paid plugin they don’t offer compatibility with every other plugin, so suspect that they will just say it is a bbpress problem.

I’d suggest that you try deactivating their plugin and confirming that without it then say style pack solution or function solution works which will tell you that it is a combination.

Matthias
    Participant

@matthias70

Hi Robin,
    I tell you why there was this strange behavior πŸ˜‰
    I was using a german umlaut ΓΌ in the sentence…
    Changed it into html and everthing is fine!
    <?php esc_html_e( ‘Dieses Forum ist nur für Dauerbenutzer!’, ‘bbpress’ ); ?>

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, no idea why that works !! πŸ™‚

@matthias70 I have something for that in my https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-toolkit/ plugin to remove the ‘Oh Bother’, but I should check how it works with 2.6

Matthias
    Participant

@matthias70

Thanks to all:
    I changed these senctence directly in feedback-no-forum.php and put it in my child theme.
    I tried this before, but did not know that this sentence has a problem with german special characters. There is an ΓΌ in this sentence and it works only if I write it in html
    &uuml; code

<div class="bbp-template-notice">
    	<ul>
    		<li><strong><?php esc_html_e( 'Dieses Forum ist nur f&uuml;r Dauerbenutzer!', 'bbpress' ); ?></strong></li>
    	</ul>
    </div>

Thanks all for your suggestions
    Matthias

Robin W

@robin-w

@casiepa

you need to change this in your toolkit plugin includes/go-functions.php

lines 55 & 56

from

function bbptoolkit_bbpress_list_forums() {
    	$args = array();

to

function bbptoolkit_bbpress_list_forums($args) {

This brings through default values, otherwise under 2.6 sub forums don’t get shown.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar