Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

oh dear! bbpress already installed

• hi,

please help me.

when i install bbpress, after i move to step 2, i get this wired massage “oh dear! bbrpess is already installed…”

and steel it doesn’t work…

how can i install it properley?

thank you,

staj

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • hi guys,

i managed to get passed it, and now i have a new problem.

i installed the bbpress in the dir – forums.

now when i press save step 1, i get the massage –

could not establish connection with the database.

it only happens when i set localhost/forums.

when it’s only “localhost” i get the problem in the first post i made here.

help?

hi guys,

i managed to get passed it, and now i have a new problem.

i installed the bbpress in the dir – forums.

now when i press save step 1, i get the massage –

could not establish connection with the database.

it only happens when i set localhost/forums.

when it’s only “localhost” i get the problem in the first post i made here.

help?

I have the same message – and it won’t do anything.

How did you get past it?

I wanted to simply delete the failed installation and try again.

Now I have a problem where an installation created the folders my-plugins and my-templates and set the owner as apache.

My system uses plesk and no .htaccess files. So how do I recover ownership to delete these folders. Figured I must have done something wrong on the install, but I can’t even delete it now.

Help!

I have the same message – and it won’t do anything.

How did you get past it?

I wanted to simply delete the failed installation and try again.

Now I have a problem where an installation created the folders my-plugins and my-templates and set the owner as apache.

My system uses plesk and no .htaccess files. So how do I recover ownership to delete these folders. Figured I must have done something wrong on the install, but I can’t even delete it now.

Help!

you installation is not looking at the files/folders that you have installed, its looking at the database.

open your database in your plesk interface

delete/drop any tables that start with bb_

now you should be able to install bbpress.

I would also recommend using winSCP for file manipulation rather than using the limited plesk file manager.

hope this helps

you installation is not looking at the files/folders that you have installed, its looking at the database.

open your database in your plesk interface

delete/drop any tables that start with bb_

now you should be able to install bbpress.

I would also recommend using winSCP for file manipulation rather than using the limited plesk file manager.

hope this helps

planetmosh,

Thank You! for the tip getting it to install. Worked perfectly.

However, my-plugins and my-templates are still owned by apache and restricted so that I cannot do anything with them.

Using FileZilla, and it has been a decent ftp program, and it is freely available too. But no software can get me past not being the Owner of the file, though, to change the permissions on it. I don’t know how apache got ownership in the first place.

Any additional help would be appreciated!

planetmosh,

Thank You! for the tip getting it to install. Worked perfectly.

However, my-plugins and my-templates are still owned by apache and restricted so that I cannot do anything with them.

Using FileZilla, and it has been a decent ftp program, and it is freely available too. But no software can get me past not being the Owner of the file, though, to change the permissions on it. I don’t know how apache got ownership in the first place.

Any additional help would be appreciated!

bbailie: if you no longer own the files, you’ll need to contact the support folks at your hoster and ask them to change the ownership back to you.

once you delete those files and are back to square one, try going through these instructions step by step:

Idiots guide to installing

If you decide to try again without deleting and re-unzipping the bbpress.zip archive, just make sure to delete the bb_* tables from your database and delete (or rename) the bb-config.php file. That will get you passed the “oh dear” message…

bbailie: if you no longer own the files, you’ll need to contact the support folks at your hoster and ask them to change the ownership back to you.

once you delete those files and are back to square one, try going through these instructions step by step:

Idiots guide to installing

If you decide to try again without deleting and re-unzipping the bbpress.zip archive, just make sure to delete the bb_* tables from your database and delete (or rename) the bb-config.php file. That will get you passed the “oh dear” message…

use winSCP to delete the directories my-plugins and my-templates

then create the directories again.

I had to do this in order for my installation to work

use winSCP to delete the directories my-plugins and my-templates

then create the directories again.

I had to do this in order for my installation to work

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar