Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Oh bother! No topics were found here!

• katiemeeks
    Participant

@katiemeeks

All of my forums are giving me this error. I have searched tons of forums and nothing I am finding is working. Any suggestions on how to get my forums working? I have multiple forums with lots of topics and replies. None show up.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

new forum? old forum stopped working? converted forum? just started happening? been happening for ages ? what have you upgraded?

katiemeeks
    Participant

@katiemeeks

Sorry, there are multiple forums (50 plus) that are a few years old. All of them are doing the same thing, parent forums as well as sub-forums. I also have group forums in buddypress that are doing the same thing. None of them are showing the topics or replies, all are public. I dont know how long they have not been working, I just found out about them so no way to pinpoint any changes that triggered it.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I think you should try 3 things

1. reset permalinks – I doubt it is this, but always an easy first thing

Dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save – this resets them

2. try and run repair

Dashboard>tools>forums>repair forums and run one at a time

3. If those 2 fail, the it may well be an update problem, so I’m afraid you’ll need to try this

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

katiemeeks
    Participant

@katiemeeks

I have actually tried all of these other than the theme, but the theme has been all along with no updates and has worked. I will keep searching.

katiemeeks
    Participant

@katiemeeks

I just came across this plugin: http://www.rewweb.co.uk/bbpress-wp4-fix/

I installed it and it works! I tried the #2 and it didn’t work, but this one does.

Robin W

@robin-w

hmmm – that’s one I wrote, great that it works, but if it was working before then an update to theme or a plugin will be the cause, but as that fixes no further investigation needed !

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar