Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

# of Users Currently Viewing Forum

• rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

Hey, I’m new to this forum so if I’ve posted this wrongly, please forgive me. I am just wondering is there a way to display how many users are currently viewing a particular forum. I would like to display it in the list of forums on the main forum page similar to the way it is displayed on VBulletin.

Thank you guys in advance.

Screenshot

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

It seems to achieve this you have to use plugin like this https://wordpress.org/plugins/cbxuseronline/ and develop some custom code.

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

Thank you @vinod-dalvi the problem or me comes with the custom coding part, that’s the part where I struggle. Do you have any idea how to achieve this through coding? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your response.

Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

The custom coding will take some time which is sorry to tell you but beyond the free support.

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

Awww 🙁 thank you for the info anyway, I really appreciate it.

Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

You are most welcome here 🙂

May be in the future i will develop plugin to achieve this so that many users can use it.

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

Anybody know how I can achieve this using the CBX USER Online plugin as it already has a feature to display the amount of users currently viewing a page so I’m thinking it would just have to be edited for bbpress forums and topics instead of a page. It seems relatively simple but I just don’t have the coding knowledge to pull this off.

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

bump

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

anybody??

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

Droidism
    Participant

@droidism

@rogerlridge you can also see if this plugin does what you want/need; https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-improved-statistics-users-online/

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

Thanks for the reply, I’m currently using that plugin but it doesn’t work the way I need it to. It tells me the number of users currently online but not currently viewing any particular thread, forum or page for that matter. But thank you for the suggestion. If you know of a way to maybe code it so that it does that please feel free to share whatever info you might have as it would be greatly appreciated! 😀

Robin W

@robin-w

@druidism – I ditched it !!

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

Thank you @robin-w…. Do you know anything about the issue I am having though? I am in a real pickle here :/

Robin W

@robin-w

not within free help – code digging would be needed.

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

Ok thank you anyway. Would you know anyone who might know how to tackle this issue?

Robin W

@robin-w

just had a quick look at what was in the free version, and looks like the pro version may have what you want – it claims

Buddpress profile link integration (New in V1.0.4)
    BBpress profile link integration (New in V1.0.4)
    BBpress Online User Statistics (New in V1.0.5)

maybe worth looking at

CBX User Online for WordPress

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

Yeah I was having a chat with the plugin developer and he said the same thing I am just waiting for confirmation. Thanks very much

rogerlridge
    Participant

@rogerlridge

@robin-w I did a little digging and I found the piece of code responsible for logging the user’s visit based on the current page $page_url = sanitize_text_field($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

Would you know how to edit that to fit for bbp_forum_permalink(); so that it logs for each individual forum because I have the CBXUserOnline shortcode in the loop-single-forums.php file so I was hoping that it would recognise the views for each individual forum. Hopefully I’m making sense lol

Please let me know if what I’ve said makes sense 🙂

wpturk
    Participant

@wpturk

Any new plugins/ideas here?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar