Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Nubie Q: Basic doc, primer, training video? How get topics into forum

• jeoproductions

@jeoproductions

Hi all

New to bbPress so appreciate your patience in pointing me to a post on the basics of this software. Familiar with the dashboard and created several forums. Only “moderator” and a Ride Share that have 3 child topics seem clickable. Can’t choose any other forum to assign posts to in post edit.

Thanks for your leads

site at: http://nwpermaculture.com/permaculture-bb-forum/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Just a guess, but when you setup a new forum, if you choose to make it a ‘category’ then you cannot post to it. Category forums are more like placeholders than forums.

If that is the case, then edit each forum and change the type in the admin.

Forum attributes -> Forum

jeoproductions

@jeoproductions

Hey thanks, that helped.

Now here’s another issue. I first installed WordPress, then installed bbPress and did a deep integration. THEN i found out about a WordPress bbPress plugin, installed it, activated it and now see bb stuff in the WordPress admin. Unfortunately, that interface shows nothing of the posts/topics/forums setup in bb-admin and stuff added via WordPress dashboard does not show up in the bb.

What’s that all about? Can the plugin not be used if you first have already installed bbPress?

Thanks

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

I have no idea if you can run both at the same time as I have not tried it before. There really is no reason to run both that I can think of. I would simply just use the plugin vs.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

No reason you can’t run them both together, but if you’re new to everything it’s probably going to be more confusing than it’s worth.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar