Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Nothing is displayed

• ZuGon
    Participant

@zugon

I was installed bbPress 2.5.12 on WordPress 4.7.5.
    Then I made various settings of bbPress and created a new forum.

But the forum is not displayed.
    When entering the forum from “View forum” in the forum creation editor, the whole screen is pure white.
    https://WORDPRESS-DOMAIN/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=forum

When I go directly to the URL of a separate forum, a normal WordPress site will be displayed.
    In the main place, “Can’t find it, there is nothing here, please try the search.” is displayed.

Slug of forum root>Forum prefix part;
    Even if I turn ‘Add slug’ on/off, nothing changes.

Management panel (left pane/dashboard) > Forum > Forum list or Add new forum
    Here again the screen is nothing display.
    Even when uninstalling plugin or reinstalling it, it does not change.

How do I use bbPress?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ZuGon
    Participant

@zugon

I changed the memory limit but it did not improve. I changed templates and limited plugins to basic plugins only. Still it will not improve.

I enabled the debug mode and clicked the forum list, the following error was displayed.
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/forums/functions.php:1800 Stack trace: #0 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): bbp_pre_get_posts_normalize_forum_visibility(Object(WP_Query)) #1 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #2 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/plugin.php(515): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php(1681): do_action_ref_array('pre_get_posts', Array) #4 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php(3238): WP_Query->get_posts() #5 /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-includes/class-wp.php(617): WP_Query->query(Array) in /home/users/MY-WORDPRESS/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/forums/functions.php on line 1800

I am using PHP 7.1, is not bbPress compatible with this?

Robin W

@robin-w

Suspect you are using php 7.1
    3 fixes
    1. downgrade to a lesser version of php
    2. upgrade to bbpress 2.6 RC
    3. in bbpress 2.5.12 go to /includes/forums/functions.php and change line 1851 from
    $meta_query = $posts_query->get( ‘meta_query’ );
    to
    $meta_query = $posts_query->get( ‘meta_query’, array() );
    Since the next upgrade will fix that anyway, no issue in changing the bbpress file
    best I can offer I’m afraid

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar