Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Not the typical integration thread

• fwilson789

@fwilson789

I hate to bring this up again, but do to the lack of documentation for bbPress, I have to. I know the approach I’m taking will use more server resources and that most bbPress people tell you not to do it, but whatever.

I’m shooting for 100% seamless integration, with the same exact sidebar as the rest of my WP pages that updates with the rest of the site.

WordPress 2.7 is installed in / on my server, while bbpress 1.0-alpha is installed in /bbpress.

I added the following to/bbpress/bb-config.php:

include('../wp-config.php');

Then I replaced bb_get_header() with get_header() in the theme files, so my WordPress header loads just as expected, BUT wp_head does not execute, so most of the styling for my template is not loaded.

At what point does wp_head fail or get canceled? I tried this exact same thing with the stable version of bbPress, and wp_head executed fine, but I couldn’t log in (it logged into WordPress instead, weird?).

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

There was a post along these lines recently but I can’t seem to find it. It was by sambauers, and this is close but I don’t think this was it. Maybe read this whole thread?

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-10-alpha-4-released#post-21686

fwilson789

@fwilson789

Thanks for your reply!

The post you linked to was talking about including bbPress into WordPress, which is the opposite of what I’m looking to do. I have the CSS and template files edited, and everything is in the correct spot and doesn’t work too slowly. The only problem is those few lines of CSS for my WordPress theme aren’t included on bbPress pages.

If anyone could help me out with this, I’d be eternally grateful!

Fred

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar