Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Not Logged in Users Ability to Delete Their Own Posts

• locdog99
    Participant

@locdog99

I am trying to figure out a way for users to delete their own posts, while not logged in. Is this possible?

The site for scheduling referees for sports. Referees go to the site to post games that they cannot take, once taken they fill out a form on the site to indicate which ref took the game.

The problem is that the people posting do not log in, once they find a new ref, they need to be able to delete their thread. I have tried many different things I’ve read and I haven’t been able to find a solution.

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

can you say how this is bbpress related?

locdog99
    Participant

@locdog99

I am using a bbpress forum for users to interact with the site.

How can you define ‘their OWN post’ if you cannot identify them ? They need to authenticate themselves one way or another before you can talk about ‘own’ posts.
    Otherwise any visitor of your site could just delete anything and believe me, some people would do it !
    Pascal.

locdog99
    Participant

@locdog99

It is not indexed by google, it is more of a members only type site. We wouldn’t care if someone could delete them all. We just want to give the users ability to delete posts, without being logged in.

Just to be clear, you talk about ‘posts’ on the blog or ‘topics/replies’ on your bbPress that should be deleted ?

locdog99
    Participant

@locdog99

Yes sorry, Topics not Posts. I need for users to be able to delete Topics they create without being logged in. They can delete others Topics as well if that’s the way it would need to work. Just need users to be able to delete their own topics while not being logged in. Thanks.

Interesting … Give me some days and let me think of that …
    Deleting own or others posts is the same is this case as the user is not logged in.
    Pascal.

Probably something with this function so adding [Delete] or a button after every topic title

// define the bbp_template_after_topic_tag_edit callback 
    function casiepa_bbp_template_after_topic_tag_edit(  ) { 
        echo '  <a href="">[Delete]</a>'; 
    }; 
    // add the action 
    add_action( 'bbp_theme_after_topic_title', 'casiepa_bbp_template_after_topic_tag_edit', 10, 0 );

Or maybe better only when they open the topic itself ?

But as said I’ll have another look in the next days.
    Pascal.

locdog99
    Participant

@locdog99

Thank you. That looks right. I build wordpress sites from themes, not custom, so I hope you find something that will work and be easy or detailed enough for me to implement.

I appreciate all the help!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar