Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Not getting reply notifications

• mvaginger
    Participant

@mvaginger

Hello, from day I installed the bbpress plugin for my WP, I am not getting any reply notifications and also non of the users. WP notification works but not bbpress.

Can u please anybody tell what might be wrong? I am desperate as forum without email notif. is useless. thank you

marian

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• mvaginger
    Participant

@mvaginger

Hello, Nobody ever came accross this issue before ?

I’m having the same experience now. I’m not getting any reply notifications in bbpress.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Works for me. Did something change in your install, or do you have any other plugins running?

In a production site, I have akismet disabled. Notifications on that one didn’t work. So I thought it could be related to akisment so in another separate site, I have akismet enabled. That didn’t work either.

However, the common thing on both setup is that it was first a release candidate and then I’ve upgraded it to v2.0

In the test setup, I had these plugins installed

akismet

bbpress,

sharecount for facebook

SI Captch Anti spam

tweetmeme retweed button

wp-spamfree

mvaginger
    Participant

@mvaginger

Hello,

I know why, I dont know if its a feature or a bug , but.. :)

you only get notification from a registered users. So when user is registered and opens the forum and replies you will get notification, but if the user comes to site and uses only simple form without registration and even if I tick “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” I will not get any notification. I think its not right.

I might be wrong but its my testing and observation. correct me if I am wrong.

thanx

I also don’t get notifications of content from anonymous users

mvaginger
    Participant

@mvaginger

Yes, I think its a bug, which is pretty uncofortable. People ask questions but they will never get nofitication once they get reply. Just because they dont want to register, what i accept…

do you think this can be turned on somehow ?

tahnx

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar