Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Nobody is getting passwords mailed to their emails after registering. please hel

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Looks like you have WordPress installed as well. Will WordPress mail out information?

If you would like to work around the problem, you can display the password to the user rather than email it, with a plugin:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/instant-password/

prajwalnshinde

@prajwalnshinde

Thank you for the solution Chris. I have another question. When ever i try to post a new thread or write something, i get this page Error 404 – Page Not Found.

Please help

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Turn off permalinks for now. My guess is that they’re not configured correctly. If you turn them off for now (in the admin) you should be able to use the forum.

prajwalnshinde

@prajwalnshinde

The Error 404 – Page Not Found is cleared, but when i click any of the forums i am not able to post anything. It just appears a blank screen with heading of the forum name.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Did you create all your forums as categories? If so, you can’t post in a category.

prajwalnshinde

@prajwalnshinde

Thank you Chris, the problem got solved. I had another question. Say if somebody forgets the password how can he reset or recover his password.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

From the profile page.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Please restrict each topic to one issue. It’s too hard to find the information pertaining to other issues based on the original topic title.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar