Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

“No users to import” – How can I just import users alone and then do the rest?

• jh20001
    Participant

@jh20001

I have the latest RC of bbpress, trying to import from a phpbb 3.2.0 install. I have reset it and started it and reset it and started it and no matter what I do, it starts with “no users to import” and then it imports thousands of forums/topics all assigned to anonymous.

Is there a way to only import users at first and once it successfully does it, then do the normal import of the forums/topics and so forth?

Or is there a common issue that has been found with importing users that can be fixed by adjusting something in the source database (or…something)?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• jh20001
    Participant

@jh20001

Update: I was able to pull it off (the users at least) with this: https://gist.github.com/pixelnated/5c27a64c450578440554ba902560178f

However, using that the users imported fine, but the forums/topics didn’t. It would list the forums. However when you click on one it will lead to a page that lists the number of content but then show none of it as if there wasn’t any subforums or topics.

So then I used the script I just mentioned but stopped it after the user import. Then I switched back to the original importer which dragged everything else back in (but had to uncheck the stop on errors option).

However, all of the topics loaded as anonymous regardless and it is stuck on step 8, saying Converting anonymous topic authors (500 through 500 of 500), over and over and over and over…every two seconds. This last part also happened when I originally tried the normal importer in the RC 6 release.

At this point, I am just confused and wish the phpbb forums wouldn’t be all mucked up (server 500 error, not db related). *shrug*

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar