Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

No topics shows up after installation

• Hi!

I´ve just tested out the bbPress 1.0 and i´ve got a weird problem, the topic is not showing up, i can add and delete forums but if i start a new thread in a forum it doesnt show up.

When i post a new thread i got the message: “This topic has been closed” but the “Topics” counter adds the thread so it is created.

The forum: http://www.speedrevision.se/forum/

Any suggestions?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I went back to BBPress 0.9.0.3, this was a fresh installation, the problem i am having now is that i cant get into the admin panel, it only redirects to the forumpage.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Make sure you delete any cookies in your browser for your site

if you used the same path for 0.9 as 1.0

I should have though of that ;) Thanks

I have the same problem again but this time it doesnt work with deleting the cookies

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Was it fine for a while, then all of the sudden stopped working? What changed in your setup, if anything?

Sorry i forgot to say that, it have always worked with 0.9.0.3 right out of the box but none of the 1.0 Alpha versions works for me, its a standard installation, the 1.0 alpha 4 is a fresh installation, doesnt use the old tables from 0.9.0.3, bbpress is installed after wordpress and they share the same usertable.

Same is happening on my board that I just recently installed. It is a fresh install of WP 2.7 and bbPress 1.0-alpha-6.

Its all running on:

Win XP SP3 (please dont kick me ;) )

Apache – 2.2.4 (Win32)

PHP – 5.2.3

MySQL – 5.0.37

Stephanie Leary
    Participant

@sillybean

I’m having the same problem with a new 0.9.0.4 installation. In addition, I have an error message in my Latest Activity box on the Dashboard:

bbPress database error: [Unknown column 't.topic_id' in 'on clause']

SELECT p.* FROM bb_posts AS p JOIN bb_topics as t ON ( t.topic_id = p.topic_id ) WHERE p.post_status != '0' AND t.topic_status = '0' ORDER BY p.post_time DESC LIMIT 5

Any movement on fixing this? I am having this issue regardless of where I install it or how many times I install it.

mspecht
    Participant

@mspecht

I’m having the same issue it seems line 212 of functions.bb-topics.php is where things go south. I am running bbPress is 1.0-Alpha-6 and WPMU 2.7.

Effectively bbPress tries to insert an empty string into the topic_id field, which is an INT with auto increment and of course MY SQL returns in error “Incorrect integer value: ” for column ‘topic_id’ at row 1″.

Digging into the code further the defaults array is setting topic_id = false on line 151, remove topic_id from the defaults and things work fine. Looking at trac it seems this was fixed in r2014. I’m going to install and see what happens.

mspecht
    Participant

@mspecht

Just a follow up moving to r2014 fixed the problem.

kallumamaji

@kallumamaji

i have latest wpmu 2.8.5 installation with built in integration of bbpress. i have created a test group and posted 2 forum topic but when going from front end to forum topic it gives message “Sorry, there were no forum topics found.” you can see my site at http://livetalent.org/forums/

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

kallumamaji – please start a new topic and I will delete this. A lot has changed in 7 months.

I installed the Forums just fine. Then when creating a topic assigned to a group as Admin of that Group it doesn’t save the topic? Any ideas?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar