Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

no subscription button showing

• sovvyg
    Participant

@sovvyg

I have enabled users to subscribe to both forums and topics but no button is showing for either:
    website

I found that YOAST was interfering with my breadcrumbs even though they were enabled so I have disabled YOAST and breadcrumbs have come back but it hasn’t made any changes to the subscribe situation.

Any ideas what the issue is?

Thanks
    Lauren

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• sovvyg
    Participant

@sovvyg

i also have no search function 🙁

Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

Please go to bbPress settings on the path Settings -> Forums and make sure you have selected the option “Allow users to subscribe to forums and topics”.

sovvyg
    Participant

@sovvyg

Hi Vinod,

thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately that has already been selected so is not the issue.. i have done a plugin conflict test and nothing changes. i’m stuck 🙁

Best
    Lauren

sovvyg
    Participant

@sovvyg

I can’t see any issue in the template file, both breadcrumbs and subscription is on there as it should be. I have made a child file and removed and readded the breadcrumbs which reflects fine but the subscribe button just isn’t showing

In template file:

<?php bbp_breadcrumb(); ?>

<?php bbp_forum_subscription_link(); ?>

If anyone could help id be so grateful, im probably missing something minor!

fdarn
    Participant

@fdarn

Sovvyg, Are you maybe using a short code to embed the forum on a different page? I am having the same issue when I use shortcodes.

markloo
    Participant

@markloo

Welcome you to read this post – titan gel

Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

@markloo Do not SPAM.

Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

@fdarn Are you using this [bbp-forum-index] shortcode?

I have tested it on my test site using bbPress version 2.6-rc-3 and it is working fine for me.

Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

@sovvyg Please delete and reinstall the latest version of bbPress plugin. Also please clear the autoptimize cache that you are using on your site.

This can be your theme issue so to confirm it just temporary use the default WordPress theme like Twenty Seventeen on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your theme issue.

sovvyg
    Participant

@sovvyg

fdarn, i am using shortcodes to embed the forums but it doesn’t show on the core pages either. I have tried removing all of the forum shortcodes from the site and this doesn’t seem to make any difference.

sovvyg
    Participant

@sovvyg

hi vinod i have already deleted and re-installed but i will try the other steps youve mentioned

sovvyg
    Participant

@sovvyg

spot on, when i move to TwentyFifteen it shows… nightmare! Thanks for helping me to ID the issue, should have tried that ages ago in hindsight

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar