No styling in forums – BBPress 2
I am not sure if this is expected behaviour. I have spent all day looking for an answer. Which does not mean that I did not miss something.
My forums are at http://www.weekendbrisbane.com.au/forums
I have followed bbpress theme compatibility install, and believe I have done it correctly. Created a child theme, copied files over to the child theme, inserted the functions.php and add_theme_support( ‘bbpress’ );
I have also created a page at http://www.weekendbrisbane.com.au/forum, (<–no “s” on the end) and used the shortcode [bbp-forum-index]. Which appears to work, until you click on a sub forum or topic. Also, using breadcrumb to move back to forums takes you to “forums”
So my questions are
1. Is this expected behaviour for the default “/forums” page or have I missed an installation step?
2. If I missed a step, is it possible to point me in the right direction? It would be appreciated
2. Or if it is expected behaviour, do I need to create pages for every topic and forum created? Which I am guessing is not the case.
couple of extra notes
– I have also created a page “forums” with slug “/forums” and added [bbp-forum-index] which appears to be ignored completly.
– If I change the template in “/forum” to bbPress – Forums )index, I also loose style formatting.
PS. I may be batting out of my league trying to install bbpress in beta version. But I like the looks of it and would be great if I could get it to work on my website.
Thanks in advance for any help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.