Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

No MemberPress login form when bbPress plugin is active

• blackandbluebird
    Participant

@blackandbluebird

Hello. My site has been working fine with MemberPress and bbPress for over a year. When a user goes to the forums page and are not logged in, they get a message stating they must log in to view the content. Just recently, when I go to the forums page, I get the message “Oh, bother! No forums were found here.” and no login form. Rule is correct in MemberPress, that if a user is not logged in, a login form should appear. When I deactivate bbPress, the form shows correctly. Please help!

Address: https://nextgencoalition.org/login/forums/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• brownbagmarketing
    Participant

@brownbagmarketing

I have the exact same issue.
    Any page that has a bbpress forum shortcode on it, the memberpress login does not appear on it and the forum does, even if the user is not logged in.

brownbagmarketing
    Participant

@brownbagmarketing

All content on the protected page shows as well as the forum…

blackandbluebird
    Participant

@blackandbluebird

I had to made sure the topics under Forums were all set to private, and then in Memberpress > Rules set up the Access Conditions, and then at the bottom, toggle on show login form for those not logged in.

brownbagmarketing
    Participant

@brownbagmarketing

Added this to my theme functions file:

// Adding function to block page content for any pages containing bbpress shortcodes.
    add_filter(‘mepr-pre-run-rule-content’, ‘do_block_the_content’, 99, 3);

function do_block_the_content($block, $current_post, $uri) {
    $block = 1;
    return $block;
    }
    It seems to be doing what I want, but we’ll see.

brownbagmarketing
    Participant

@brownbagmarketing

I tried some of those steps.

But looking at the MemberPress plugin code, it looks like no matter what the [bbp-forum-index] shortcode would not trigger a login form.
    And not only for that shortcode, but it exposed all content on the entire page to a non logged in user.

I’ll play around with your suggestion some more as I don’t like the thought of overriding the memberpress plugin filters like this.

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar