Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

‘No input file specified’ errors

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• gtim

@gtim

In some PHP setups, this error is given when there is no file to access. Make sure that you really uploaded every file and nothing got disrupted, and that mod_rewrite is working. Check if mod_rewrite redirects /forums/tags to a page that really exists.

tiszenkel

@tiszenkel

Hmm — forums/tags is being redirected to a page that exists, tags.php. But even navigating straight to tags.php causes the same error. I opened up tags.php in a text editor to see what was in there, and it referenced several files that don’t seem to be anywhere in my bbPress installation: bb_tag-single.php, tag-single.php and bb_tags.php. Could this be the problem? I downloaded a completely new copy of bbPress and couldn’t find them in there, either.

Here’s the tags.php code:

<?php
    require_once('./bb-load.php');

bb_repermalink();

// Temporary, refactor this!

if ( !$tag && $tag_name )
    bb_die(__('Tag not found'));

if ( $tag_name && $tag ) :

$topics = get_tagged_topics($tag->tag_id, $page);
    do_action( 'bb_tag-single.php', $tag->tag_id );

bb_load_template( 'tag-single.php', array('tag', 'tag_name', 'topics') );
    else :

do_action( 'bb_tags.php', '' );

bb_load_template( 'tags.php' );
    endif;
    ?>

tiszenkel

@tiszenkel

So, I figured this out myself. It turned out to be a problem with pretty permalinks. The bbPress instructions for enabling pretty permalinks say, in part:

2. Create a file called .htaccess in bbPress’ root directory. Put only the following line in that new file.

Options +MultiViews

3. Try it out. If it doesn’t work, your web server does not support MultiViews.

I suppose I was thrown off because for the most part, it did work. When I tried the documentation’s alternative instructions — feeding the output of rewrite-rules.php into .htaccess instead of the MultiViews call — the broken links suddenly worked fine.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar