Categories
Search
Bottom

No access to the sub-forums of Buddypress groups forums for group members

• aurelienpierre
    Participant

@aurelienpierre

Hi !

I have BuddyPress + bbPress installed together.

I have a BuddyPress private group which have a private forum and several private sub-forums. The problem I have is regular members (with participant permissions) can’t access to the sub-forums of the group forum because it takes moderator permissions to see private topics and replies. And sub-forums are not mapped with the group.

All I want to do is a read-only/read-write forum : non members of the group can see the forum, sub-forums, topics, and replies, but only members can post replies and topics. I have looked for a plugin or a hack for 5 days, no solution.

As a quick fix, I set the sub-forums as public, but now everyone can post a topic and a reply, which is bad.

I also tried to give to participants read permissions on private topics, it worked on other private forums, but not on the group sub-forums.

I tested almost all memberships/roles/capabilities plugins available nowadays for the latest WP… I even took a look on bbpress and buddypress hooks but their documentation are still uncomplete for developpers.

So please, have you some hints ?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar