Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

newbie question: how to add forum into WP ?

• Hi there !

I already installed the latest version of BB and WP and the forum works.

But my questions is, how do include this forum as “page” or “article” in WordPress and the mainmenu ?

Sorry if im just blind, i searched the whole site and can`t find a step by step solution for it.

I tried to include it with WP plugin “include me” wich don`t seem to work.

Can someone tell me please where i can find it or give me a hint ?!

Thank you in advance, BBpress seems to be the forum for wich im searching for a long time. And sorry for english, i now it`s not that good.

i added the wordpress -bb plugin too and enabled it.

Seems everything fine, but still my question is:

how to include the forum into a page or a articel of WP like its here at your site. I don`t check it.

Greetings

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

What version of bbPress are you using?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

What version of bbPress are you using?

Hi,

I am completely new to wordpress having been given the responsibility of keeping our sports club website up-to-date.

I have a similar problem that is probably really simple.

I have downloaded the new 2.0 plugin today and can create forums and topics etc within the wordpress admin area but have not been able to figure out how to designate a page to the forum.

Stupid question i know but all help would be appreciated….thanks

Hi,

I am completely new to wordpress having been given the responsibility of keeping our sports club website up-to-date.

I have a similar problem that is probably really simple.

I have downloaded the new 2.0 plugin today and can create forums and topics etc within the wordpress admin area but have not been able to figure out how to designate a page to the forum.

Stupid question i know but all help would be appreciated….thanks

This is such a silly issue, but for new users (myself) included it seems to be troubling. I have 2.0.beta1 on our WP site (version 4). I changed my permalink structure from the default to the and created a page called forums.

Yet still the forum I have created with bbpress does not appear on my WP site. I can see the forum from the admin side. Here are the two urls in case that helps – many thanks!

(forum) http://storytelling.concordia.ca/storiesmatter/forums/forum/stories-matter

(site where forum should be) http://storytelling.concordia.ca/storiesmatter/forums

This is such a silly issue, but for new users (myself) included it seems to be troubling. I have 2.0.beta1 on our WP site (version 4). I changed my permalink structure from the default to the and created a page called forums.

Yet still the forum I have created with bbpress does not appear on my WP site. I can see the forum from the admin side. Here are the two urls in case that helps – many thanks!

(forum) http://storytelling.concordia.ca/storiesmatter/forums/forum/stories-matter

(site where forum should be) http://storytelling.concordia.ca/storiesmatter/forums

To link to your forum from your wordpress site you have to add a bbPress widget to your sidebar. Pages have nothing to do with bbPress.

To link to your forum from your wordpress site you have to add a bbPress widget to your sidebar. Pages have nothing to do with bbPress.

well, that worked for me. Seems obvious in hindsight, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

well, that worked for me. Seems obvious in hindsight, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

If it makes you feel any better, it took me some time to figure this out as well since it’s not documented anywhere. The installation instructions for the plugin should mention this.

If it makes you feel any better, it took me some time to figure this out as well since it’s not documented anywhere. The installation instructions for the plugin should mention this.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar