Categories
Search
Bottom

New WP Install, Can’t add Topic

• riggie11
    Participant

@riggie11

Hi guys,

I’ve just done a new WP install & also a new bbPress install. No other plugins installed.

I then added a Forum you can see on this page.

Test55

The problem I have is:
    This login form seems to prevent me from adding a topic.
    The login on this form fails when I use my admin login.

How can I remove the login form from appearing & allow a topic to be created?

thanks,
    Riggie

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

if you want anyone to be able to post, then you need to allow anonymous posting

dashboard>settings>forums and look for anonymous, but unless you really want general public posting I’d suggest not. If you do, look also at ‘bbpress notify no spam’ as another plugin.

I can’t say why the 2nd is happening – I’d suggest you set up a test user and see if they get the same issue.

then come back

riggie11
    Participant

@riggie11

Added a user as a subscriber… can’t login either.

I’m using the forum in a protected by a membership site, and don’t need the login feature.

How can I turn the login off?

Robin W

@robin-w

if the user isn’t logged in, then the forum won’t know who they are (or indeed the membership plugin!)

so if user is logged in, you say ‘The login on this form fails when I use my admin login.’ – can you describe what you mean, and maybe this is ‘membership’ plugin related ? as a test, deactivate the membership plugin and see if that fixes

Robin W

@robin-w

ps bbpress just uses WordPress login, so they are one and the same, so login for WordPress (and your membership plugin) is login for bbpress.

and for your test user, see what bbpress role has been set in dashboard>users and edit the user, should be participant

riggie11
    Participant

@riggie11

OK thanks for your explanation!
    Got it to work now…

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar