Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New Users Specify Password

• Is it possible to allow the users to specify their password when they create their account without the generating of a random password being necessary?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

I would say it possible with a plugin,

doesn’t exist one already?

The bb_new_user() function is pluggable,

so you are able to write your own one.

Where would I find an example for the bb_new_user() function?

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

It is in bb-includes/plugable.php

jenniferbbd

@jenniferbbd

I don’t know PHP. I’d like new users to create their own password. It seems this thread is telling you how to do it but not if you don’t know PHP. I have located the section called “bb_new_user” in the bb-includes/plugable.php file, but what do I need to change to get is so new users can make their own password? Could you tell me exactly what to do?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Can someone answer this and let us newbies know how to add this plug-in please?

Thanks,

juboe

I want my users to be able to make their own password.

Hello juboe,

_ck_ has developed an “instant password” plugin. The link is: https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/instant-password/installation/

As he suggests you may want to install the “Human Test” plugin: https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/human-test/

as the instant password will automatically log you in upon registering.

Create a folder titled my-plugins. Upload the plugin to the folder. Go to your bbpress admin interface and activate. You will now see a password field in your registration page.

Hope this helps!

RedBull,

Thanks for the info. I got the instant password to work. Is there a way for members to change password once they are logged in?

Thanks,

juboe

@juboe

obviously. go to your profile and you will see the profile menu with edit option, there you can change the password

ashfame,

Thank you. I am just getting used to all of this. Yes, that was obvious. DUH!! I feel like an idiot. Anyway, I consider this topic answered to my satisfaction.

Thanks all,

juboe

@juboe: Everyone’s gotta start somewhere. Glad to help!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar