Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New user registration fail

• daphnedelay
    Participant

@daphnedelay

Hi! Started to advertise new forum on my site and had my assistant try it out only to discover lots of kinks (yikes!) I’m working through them but stuck on “Password reset is not allowed for this user”

She waited for an email to set password which never happened. So she tried to login without a password to force the “forgot password” reset and got the above error message. I’ve looked everywhere on the backend to allow but can’t figure it out.

I’m sad my forum isn’t working yet. Sure hope it can get going easily. Appreciate any help to make user registration seamless 🙂 thanks!

Mirror Ministries

BBpress 2.6.4
    WP 5.3.2

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• daphnedelay
    Participant

@daphnedelay

It seems this forum only answers certain questions…

I really want to keep BBpress on my site, but it’s just as easy to take it down if support is non-existent 🙁

Any help to above question would be appreciated.

Robin W

@robin-w

this forum is for free support for free software, support is offered free by volunteers, and you posted your question on a weekend.

daphnedelay
    Participant

@daphnedelay

My apologies. I watched other questions get answered over the weekend. And read thru many that have never been answered. I was just trying to get some feedback.

Still waiting… 😊

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress just uses WordPress login, so the issue is there.

wordpess doesn’t gave this feature in native mode, so I suspect you have another password/login related plugin that is causing the issue

daphnedelay
    Participant

@daphnedelay

Ok thank you. I’ll check on that.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar