Categories
Search
Bottom

New user difficulty and log in problems

• gavinsims
    Participant

@gavinsims

Hi,
    I created a bbpress forum with my site and it seems to be working in general, but I have a few issues.
    Firstly, when a user registers, they don’t get the new user email. I checked all settings and can’t see why this would be. They appear in my users control panel, and if they selected “forgot password”, they then get a forgot password email, but no activation email. Anyone have any idea why this would be?

Also, when a user logs in, in the login bbpress widget, it still shows the username and password login boxes, but if I go into a sub forum, the widget then shows the users details.

I’ve looked into this since yesterday, but can’t seems to work out what I’m doing wrong. Can anyone please offer any help?
    Thank you

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Firstly, when a user registers,

bbpress just uses wordpress, so it should work if qordpress is working.

Can you try using http://www.mysite.com/wp-login and see if that works.

Also, when a user logs in, in the login bbpress widget, it still shows the username and password login boxes, but if I go into a sub forum, the widget then shows the users details.

not sure what you mean here. On what page or post do you have this first widget?

gavinsims
    Participant

@gavinsims

Hi,

thanks for the reply, I worked it out, my cache needed some exclusions for my forum and I added an smtp plugin which sorted my new user issues 🙂
    Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem, thanks for updating us

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar