Categories
Search
Bottom

New topic “No Forum” is gone !

• ecollart
    Participant

@ecollart

Hello,

Create a new topic without assigning to a forum and you can’t find it anywhere.
    Last WP in French
    Last bbPress
    Ekko theme

I discover that because I was willing to modify such a topic and never found it back !!!
    Same if super sticky.

All Topic should have a filter “no forum” ! I am sure it’s somewhere !

https://usergroup.atempo.com; topic title : Test

Eric Collart

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

‘Create a new topic without assigning to a forum’ – where and how are you doing this ?

ecollart
    Participant

@ecollart

In the backend. No forum is assigned per default when you create a new topic.
    I use the backend as admin to create (and preferably manage afterwards) a super sticky topic that is not related to a specific forum but I want to see it on top of each individual forums (this topic explains how to use the forums).

I can create the topic as super sticky and it is visible on the frontend but you cannot find it anymore in the “All Topics” section if you ever want to modify it.
    If you try to modify it from the frontend, you get an Error 404 (page not found)

I can share a backend screenshot if you want

Eric Collart

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, from a quick test, I could edit a topic with no parent forum in both the backend, and in any forum that it appears.

I have not tested ‘all topics’ – but given the above, if this is a serious issue for you, then simply allocate it against the most appropriate forum – it will still appear against all forums.

ecollart
    Participant

@ecollart

I agree that I can workaround that problem but that’s annoying…

I can also create but after that, close you navigator or the tab and try to navigate back to that new topic without pasting the URL. If it is not a sticky or a super sticky, you won’t find it anymore what is normal on frontend but abnormal in backend (All Topics).
    If you don’t find it, it’s a bbPress bug.

If you can find it back, I could have a problem caused by another plugin like Ultimate Members and/or User Role Editor that we are using.

Thanks a lot for your help because I don’t have another WP site without those plugins so far..

Eric Collart

Robin W

@robin-w

Just tested ‘all topics’ and that is also fine, so yes I would suspect another plugin is adding a permission issue

ecollart
    Participant

@ecollart

Huge thanks again !

I am quite happy it is not a bbPress bug ! It was looking too big to be possible but who knows and you helped me a lot pointing the right (I hope) direction.

Is there any known conflict with those plugins ?

I”ll made more tests and post share result here for all.

Eric Collart

Robin W

@robin-w

Is there any known conflict with those plugins ?

I’d suspect it is more likely that as the super sticky topic has no associated forum, then the plugins may be granting permission to see using a forum ID as an identifier and as it has none, then hiding it, but I am just guessing 🙂

ecollart
    Participant

@ecollart

Doing some tests on a fresh WP install (theme Twenty Twenty-one) with only the bbPress plugin gives following results:

I can create topics not assigned to a forum from backend (being super sticky or not) and see them in “All Topics” from backend.
      From backend, I can modify those topics
      From Frontend, I can modify from top menu (admin menu) but I cannot use the “Modify” menu visible on the topic (this gives me error “Nothing found here” !

So I clearly have a problem caused by one of the other plugin on my production site but it seems bbPress has also a small problem.

Eric Collart
    PS: I am OK for any remote control short session to show you the erroneous behavior even on a fresh site.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, this is free software with free support, and I have limited time to help – it works on my test site, so I cannot say why it does not work for you. Given that you can control it from the backend, then I hope you have enough of an solution to be workable.

ecollart
    Participant

@ecollart

Hello Robin,

do you mean you don’t have the last point reported ?

From Frontend, I can modify from top menu (admin menu) but I cannot use the “Modify” menu visible on the topic (this gives me error “Nothing found here” !

Huge thanks anyway for the time already spent trying to help me !

Eric Collart

Robin W

@robin-w

I am not absolutely sure where you are, but yes everything I expect to work does work on my test site 🙂

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar