Categories
Search
Bottom

New to WP ..and bbPress

• jog0ff
    Participant

@jog0ff

Hi guys,
    I’m completely new to WP and bbPress and trying to find right solution for my website so please forgive me a noob question and dont kick me too hard::
    heres the question:
    does bbPress whole forum, mean would I need to link it up with external forum?
    I’ve got my domain set for WP already.

Many thanks in advance,
    Kris

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress is just a plugin that sits within wordpress, so you would just install it and typically have a menu entry to

yoursite.com/forums

see

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

jog0ff
    Participant

@jog0ff

Hi Robin,

Many thanks for that!

One and last question: does bbPress creates all forum files by itself (or uses existing WordPress pages within website) or will it need anything ‘external’ (such as completely external forum hosted by someone else). Please forgive me my ignorance as I’m a bit ‘old date’ from past times when website was a website only and forums were completely separated story 🙂

TIA,
    Kris

Robin W

@robin-w

Please forgive me my ignorance – don’t worry we were all there when we started !!

bbpress uses the wordpress database and pages so is contained entirely within wordpress.

at it’s simplest, just put a ‘custom link’ menu entry of url ‘/fourms/’ and navigation label of ‘forums’ into your menu.

Alternately create a page with a title of say ‘forums’ and put [bbp-forum-index] in the content.

jog0ff
    Participant

@jog0ff

Many thanks Robin!
    You’re a star,
    thanks again
    and have a great weekend!

Robin W

@robin-w

great

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar