Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New Themed Install – Few small problems and questions

• chrisbrocklesby

@chrisbrocklesby

Hi all,

I am in the process of developing a new site (which is currently in beta and not meant for the public yet…) but I have a few concerns…

1) Have I chosen the right forum for the project, I keep hearing bbpress is dead or it will not be developed as much when/if it becomes a plugin… Should I be using a larger scale forum package like vbulletin or phpbb ? … My thoughts on the subject originally was to go bbpress as it may tie in well with the CMS side of the site which is controlled by wordpress, I did look in to buddypress but the whole group forum thing is off putting and the fact it is not SEO friendly and the slugs (urls) are way to long… Anyone have any comments or thoughts on this would be great….

2) Plugins – Ok so I understand the forum is very basic in its core state and you add plugins to achieve options you require, but quite a number of plugins I have tried to use seem not to work, Also I have a concern that there will be a limited number of plugins developed for bbpress when/if it becomes a plugin.

3) Here is a bug I have found – maybe its just on my forum… The freshness (time/date) is incorrect a lot of the test posts I have posted on the forum are from weeks and months ago, but yet they are show up as 3 weeks… yes I have heavily modified the templet files but only the html and header/footer locations… any ideas ?

4) RSS – Also I am getting RSS error – “This page contains the following errors: error on line 10 at column 33: Entity ‘raquo’ not defined

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.” Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions…

Many Thanks Guys,

Chris

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

1) Yes, you’ve heard correct that project is almost dead as no development is taking place for weeks. Also, more chances are that it will be converted into a WordPress plugin (but some methods might be made available to transfer your data from the bbPress install to the plugin).

2) bbPress 1.0 was almost a rewrite of 0.9, so a lot of code changed and the plugins became incompatible. _ck_, a major plugin developer and contributor to the project left because the project was not getting attention from months. You can check her website – http://bbshowcase.com

3) Can’t say anything about the timings….

4) That has been reported in #1181

chrisbrocklesby

@chrisbrocklesby

Thanks Gautam…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar